Ah Haa’s younger sister, the American Academy of Bookbinding was founded in 1993. The Stone Building on North Willow Street, a historic building as well, serves as the Academy’s beautiful home. Built in 1900 and constructed of native stone and indigenous red limestone mortar, it was first used as a livery stable and assay office, and then used by old Step-and-a-Half Adams, the local undertaker, for his trade. Renovated in 2000, the facility consists of a well lit, 1,400 square foot bookbinding studio and a comfortable student lounge, where books and videos are available for further study. Students have access to the studio and lounge 24 hours a day.