Shared TPS Co-Ed Housing
The Telluride Painting School can provide deeply discounted housing to registered TPS students. All housing is within easy walking distance of the Ah Haa School for the Arts and downtown Telluride. All housing is shared and may be co-ed; bedrooms are either shared or private. Housing pricing per 2-week Telluride Painting Session is currently estimated at $700 per session (price subject to change).
Students staying in TPS housing may arrive the Sunday before their TPS session at 1pm and should depart by 10am the Saturday following the completion of their TPS class.
Unfortunately, it is not possible for students to extend their stay in TPS housing beyond the set arrival and departure days. If you plan to arrive a day or more early or depart a day or more later, you will need to make alternative housing arrangements for your extra time in Telluride. All sessions begin with an evening meet and greet the Sunday before class begins.
A few things to note:
- Housing consists of private or shared bedrooms in a shared co-ed condo with other TPS students. You may or may not have a private bathroom. Students may not make special requests for housing partners or pets.
- Condominiums and houses include a living/dining area, full kitchen, television and telephone. All linens are provided and one mid-session cleaning is included. Wireless Internet is usually provided, but not guaranteed. There is wireless Internet at the Ah Haa School, at the Wilkinson Public Library, and several coffee shops around town.
- Telluride is a very small town—less than one mile from end to end—and all accommodations, grocery stores, restaurants and shops are located relatively close to each other. It is unlikely you will need a car during your stay. A free shuttle loops around the town between 7 a.m. and midnight. If you do bring a car, parking may be provided at your condominium or house. Be prepared to pay a parking meter if you park around town.
- Shuttle service between Telluride and the Montrose Airport is available for $50-$125 each way.
To sign up for shared student housing:
- If you are registering online, each class has an optional add-on you should choose to select Ah Haa’s shared housing for that two-week session.
PLAN YOUR TRIP offers more information on transportation, flights and what to do in Telluride.
Be sure to contact Kris Kwasniewski with your travel information at least one week before your arrival date (firstname.lastname@example.org or 970/728/3886). This will ensure a staff member can greet you at your accommodation.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION POLICY
Student balances for TPS provided housing must be paid in full at least 45 days prior to the first day of class. Students with unpaid balances after this date risk losing their space to another applicant.
The full housing fee, less a $50 non-refundable administrative fee, will be returned as long as housing cancellations occur 45 days or more prior to your class session. There are no refunds for cancellations made less than 45 days out.
Before purchasing airline tickets, make sure your TPS class has met its minimum enrollment requirements. TPS cannot be held responsible for lost travel fees due to class cancellation.