Ah Haa’s 2nd Annual Photography Prize | Telluride Portraits
Daniel Tucker Gallery • Opening Reception during ArtWalk on Thursday, October 2nd from 5-8pm featuring new LED lighting made possible by a grant from San Miguel County and EcoAction Partners’ 2014 Green Projects Grants Program.
“Capturing the essence of Telluride through portraits of its people”.
The Ah Haa School for the Arts for the Arts is excited to announce its second annual juried Ah Haa Photography Prize. The inspiration for this show is “Capturing the essence of Telluride through portraits of its people.” Participating photographers may be local residents, visitors, kids, students, amateurs and professionals alike. The portrait subjects may be anyone—locals or visitors—as long as the setting is a location within an hour’s drive of Telluride.
Photographers interested in entering the 2015 photo contest CLICK HERE to learn more.
Sponsored by Shot Images
First Place: Merrick Chase
Second Place: Carl Marcus
Third Place: Brett Schreckengost
People’s Choice: Carl Marcus
Youth Award: Izzy Simpson
[bra_button text=’Upcoming Exhibitions’ url=’http://ahhaa.org/exhibitions/’ target=’_self’ size=’large’ style=’rounded’ color=’navyblue’]
[bra_button text=’Exhibit Opportunities’ url=’http://ahhaa.org/exhibitions/exhibit-opportunities/’ target=’_self’ size=’large’ style=’rounded’ color=’grey’]
[bra_border_divider top=’20’ bottom=’20’]
Here are the winning portraits:
[bra_border_divider top=’20’ bottom=’40’]
Entry Criteria & Application Process: Closed for 2014, stay tuned for next year!
- The entry fee is $25 for the first image, $10 for each additional image. Photographers may submit up to 3 images. There is no entry fee for photographers 18 and under!
- Portraits may be black & white or color.
- Portraits must have been taken within the last 2 years and within a 100-mile radius of Telluride.
- For initial judging, entries must be digital and submitted in JPG format, scaled to under 1MB. If your image is selected for the show, larger files will be requested, from which large format prints will be made.
- Each photograph must have an accompanying text of up to 150 words describing the story behind the portrait. Photographers should also submit a brief biography.
- Judging criteria will include originality, composition and image quality.
- Please complete our online entry form and submit images by July 31st.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS JULY 31, 2014 (Photographs will be selected by August 8, 2014)