5th ANNUAL JURIED EXHIBITION OF REGIONAL ARTISTS
“Body of Work” – Medium Varies
February 1 – 26, 2018
Daniel Tucker Gallery
Opening Reception during ArtWalk on Thursday, February 1 from 5-8pm.
The human body, one of the most enduring themes in visual arts. Artists interpret the human form as a means of understanding identity, as portraits and expressions of the self, in imaginative shapes, in humorous ways, or as a way to communicate and connect with the viewer.
This year, the Ah Haa School’s annual Regional Exhibition will celebrate the human body. Titled: BODY OF WORK, the juried exhibition highlights work that reflects all interpretations of the human form. Regional artists located within 150 miles of Telluride are invited to submit works in all media: painting, ceramics, sculpture, printing, fiber, metals, photography and other, that interpret or celebrate the human form. Submitted works should embrace the form, figure, function, or face of the human body.
Exhibition Jurors: Baerbel Hacke, Julie McNair, and David Holbrook.
Four cash prizes will be awarded: $500 for 1st place, $250 for 2nd place, $100 for 3rd place & People’s Choice Award!
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED, SEE YOU AT THE OPENING!
Congratulations to the artists that made it into the show:
Entry Criteria & Application Process:
- The entry fee is $25 and artists may submit images of up to three pieces to be considered for the final exhibit. You may pay online or by calling 970-728-3886.
- Artwork may be in any medium.
- Work needs to have been completed in 2017 or early 2018, prior to submission deadline.
- Artists must reside within 150 miles (as the crow flies) of Telluride.
- Kids 18 and under should submit to our Youth Art Awards show in March, this exhibit is geared toward adults only.
- Digital photos of work should be submitted in JPG format, scaled to under 1MB.
- Artwork is selected for the show based on the image sent, and should be the highest quality possible.
- Please complete the online entry form and submit images by January 15, 2018.
- Artists selected for the exhibit will be notified by January 23rd, and work will need to be ready to hang and delivered to Ah Haa by Monday, January 29, 2018.